Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Strength is Stronger than my Strong...

Thanks to Aly RxStar for that AMAZING quote...when she told me this quote...I really had never experienced it...On Saturday, I learned what she meant by, "My strength, is stronger than my strong." On Saturday at the CrossFit Central Iron Belle Challenge, I truly learned what STRENGTH was!!! Not just physical strength, but mental strength. I accomplished things, that I NEVER thought I would ever be able to do!!! I have never felt so EMPOWERED in my life! On Saturday, I had the opportunity to compete in the Iron Belle Challenge with CrossFit Central in Austin, TX!!! What an AMAZING day it was. My team, the Wilke Warriors, competed in 3 WOD's. The first was a 2 mile run with stops along the way. The first stop we had to do 100 kettle bell swings with a 25lb KB, then ran a mile then came back and did 100 med ball passes and 50 burpees!!! WOD 2 was a dead lift ladder that my AMAZING teammate Leigh Ann did. She maxed out at a PR of 195 lbs!!! WOD 3 was 3 rounds of 20, 15lb dumbbell push presses, 20, 20" box jumps, 20 55lb squat cleans, 20 box pull ups, and a 50lb butcher down and back!!! We had 12 minutes to complete WOD 3 and we finished in 11:35!!! AWESOME!!! Never in a million years did I ever think I would be able to do this, but thanks to my Coach, Kat Von G and the AMAZING women at CrossFit Central, We DID it!!! I am a CHAMPION!!! I AM AMAZING!!!!

 I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment